Herbal medicines have been used by ancient people for many centuries for many purposes such as medical and traditional medicines for health and diseases treatments. Nowadays, many pharmaceutical industries have gained great benefits from bioprospecting activities via drug developments from natural products. There are many “best selling” pharmaceuticals coming from or derivatives from natural compounds. Currently, there is an increase tendency of “back to nature” concept for optimal consumptions of natural medicines with regard to rational approach.
Increasing consumption of natural medicines in medical treatments, however, have not become direct and integral part of the formal health services. Natural medicines should follow formal standard of health services for safety and properties as a main issue for natural or herbal medicines. Other reasons are due to lack of information on clinical aspects and uncommon issue for medical practitioners to prescribing herbal medicines.
The Aceh International Pharmacy Conference with theme: “Herbal medicine management: from laboratory to market” aims to update recent findings of herbal medicines in medical and health promotions.
|1.||Health Minister of Indonesian Republic (in confirmation)|
|2.||Governour of Aceh Province (in confirmation)|
|3.||Rector of Syiah Kuala University|
|4.||Dr. Irene Jansen, Director of DAAD Jakarta|
|5.||Prof. Dr. Claus Jacob, Pharmacy, Saarland University, Germany, Title of talk: “Natural Sulfur Compounds: from the Production and Mode of Action to Widespread Applications in Medicine and Agriculture”|
|6.||Prof. Dr.med. Zhu Yi Zhun, Pharmacology, National University of Singapore, Singapore, Title of talk: “Novel Compounds Discovery: a View of SCM (Scientific Chinese Medicine)”|
Schedule of The Aceh International Pharmacy Conference 2013
13-15 September 2013
Registration of The Aceh International Pharmacy Conference 2013
Just click HERE
Important Date of The Aceh International Pharmacy Conference 2013
- Abstract must be submitted at the latest 14 June, 2013 (Please submit abstract and full-paper to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Accepted abstracts for oral and poster presentations will be announced on 1 July, 2013 on the website.
- Early registration: 9 July, 2013.
- Payments must be made at the latest 1 August 2013.
- Full papers must be submitted at the latest 16 August, 2013.
- The conference will be conducted in 13-15 September, 2013 at AAC Dayan Dawood Syiah Kuala University, Banda Aceh, Indonesia.